Source and database discussion for AX_Classic

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Key to the Emperor's Chamber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:38 pm 
Forum Support
Forum Support
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=1999

So this quest seems to be missing/broken here. It is the quest to get the key to Emperor Ssra's room in Ssra Temple (room is locked, I double checked before I tried the quest).

The quest NPCs don't seem to drop any of the items and the Elder NPC that starts the quest in the basement does not respond to hails (Indifferent con).

Some of the items are supposed to be 100% drop rate according to Alla but they have not dropped for me.

I don't know the viability of doing Emp Ssra here since he is a Bane-weapon guy, but I wanted to try since he has very good loot.

Post subject: Re: Key to the Emperor's Chamber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:28 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Ring of Shissar does indeed work.
I did it with my rogue a couple months back.

As far as the quest dialogue... well that's another story.
Since I had done the quest several times, I didn't bother to go to quest guy and do the hail, just collected the items and combined it into the ring.

I can add the dialogue, but the quest itself works.

Aardil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:33 pm 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Hm, interesting then. I did get one item off the 1st floor Commander today but I have killed all Taskmasters and the Warden in the basement about 3 or 4 times each (so that should be about 30+ chances to get the bag) and none have ever dropped loot. I've also killed the 2nd floor Commander a few times and he also never dropped his quest piece (though he did drop the now-unneeded key, spells, and once a horse bridle). The Commander's I think are supposed to be 100% drop chance for the quest piece.

Is the pouch item really supposed to be so rare it takes over 30 kills to see? I think they're on a spawn timer with the bosses (12 hours?) so pretty long between chances. I don't recall that from live but it was, of course, a long time ago.

If it is working correctly and I get it done eventually, how do Emp Ssra work here? I remember he was one of the Luclin bosses that required your raid to farm Bane weapons. Is that the case here? I might just skip him if I'd have to farm a whole raids worth of bane weaps.

Same question for Lord Seru too, I guess!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:35 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
It varies from server to server but nothing is 100% drop rate.
The tasksmaster were a pain but working none the less.
To me the drop rate should be increased but since this is not a quest I set up.... I hesitate to change drops.

The unneeded key.... Um everything has a purpose.
Even if you have the ring, there are 2 locked doorways that require a key (and yes that is one of them).

Heere the final event is also different (something else I would like to change). The way it is set up now its hit and miss. You get into the final room and kill everything but the boss wont be targetable, you have to wait on respoawn and try again unless you are lucky and it triggers him first round.

This is not how I remember it but again, not my quest.

The way I remember it is.......
Well that's a secret.

Maybe I will go through this event and fix it, maybe not. We will have to see what the Lord Boss Angelox wants me to do :twisted:

Aardil

Oh and dialogue is in and live.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:03 pm 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Copy that. I'll keep killing them (especially since that's how you get the Cursed cycle anyway!) and see if I get the stuff. I'm in VT now so there's a good chance I may just out-gear it and pass it up anyhow.

For Emp Ssra and Seru: I played a Mage back on live but I have distinct memories of our guild melee farming Bane weapons because they bitched about how shitty it was to do :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:22 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
there are no bane weapons on Rathe. Reason would be weapons the Bots use are Lore and no drop for the most part so if a bot was to equip a bane weapon.... what to do with the regular weapon? Since its Lore and no drop, only option would be when bot hands it to you, you would have to destroy it. Personally, I don't see me destroying Time B weapons for a bane weapon.

I would think it would take a major rework of bots to allow them to have bane weapons and regular weapons in inventory and know when to use which.

Don't see it happening.
When I redid Halls of honor, the bosses and final boss were supposed to be bane only killable.
Had to set them as regular kills for the above reasons.

I may seem crazy, and I might just be but, there is always a method to my madness.

Aardil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:14 am 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Makes sense. Maybe a future project could include some quest-type deal where you get an item and give it to a bot, which sets a permanent +xx damage type (so +bane damage basically).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:08 pm 
Forum Support
Forum Support
So I think I discovered the issue here.

According to Alla comments and EQ Atlas maps, Commander Zazuzh should spawn on the first floor and Commander Zherozsh should spawn on the second floor.

After much clearing of the areas they spawn in, Commander Zherozsh was the only one to spawn (many times) and spawned in different areas on *both* floors.

Can this be fixed so they spawn on the floors they are supposed to, per Allakhazam and EQ Atlas? I think they can both spawn but Zherozsh keeps spawning instead of Zazuzh due to the mix up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Changed the spawns up a bit.
while they may not spawn according to Zam (very confusing place) but
Commander Zazuzh should spawn somewhere on the first floor (6 possible locations)
and
Commander Zherozsh should spawn on the second floor.
That being said there are two areas that are considered 2nd floor (keep that in mind) 5 possible locations or more didn't check them all.
Oh and keys are defiantly needed now (changed that back to the way it should be too).

Aardil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:53 pm 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Thanks for the fixes, Aard!

Keys are easy to get as long as the Commander's are spawning appropriately.