AX Classic Forums

Gameplay discussions for The Rathe Server

Last visit was: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 pm It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Mage epic for non mages? How does it work?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:19 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Hallos,
My question is the following:
I know i can do the mage epic quest and give the scroll to Anita. What abilities will that open?
I can make the mage cast his epic spell? I can have him equip the item and /or can i make my mages
use the epic pet? How should i see this?

Thanks in advance for answers.
Caved

Post subject: Re: Mage epic for non mages? How does it work?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 am 
Forum Moderator Team
Forum Moderator Team
Your mage bot keeps the epic equipped while casting the pet. If the pet dies, it just recasts it like a regular pet (the epic doesn't poof on them when casting the pet like it does with players). At least that's how it worked when I did it a couple of years ago, I've rarely touched that character since then and outleveled the mage epic pet within a matter of a week or so, which was a shorter period than it took me to actually to get the epic.

So, was it worth it? If you are a fan of doing epics just to do them but mage DPS even with epic is epically terrible compared to DPS bots since they have full AAs.

I'll elaborate on my meaning behind the bot DPS - if this were strictly Classic / Kunark / Velious then the mage epic pet would be a monster but due to itemization (weapons) in Luclin +, that once super epic mage pet that could out DPS / tank just about anyone pre Luclin is rendered mostly worthless.

I instantly regretted doing that epic when I hit 51 (AAs) and started parsing my bots. At 55 with some fabled weapons it wasn't even close, my monks or zerkers or whatever at the time were doing over 3x the dps as my mage. So I realistically probably used my mage epic pet for like 2 levels.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:23 pm 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Shivis wrote:
Your mage bot keeps the epic equipped while casting the pet. If the pet dies, it just recasts it like a regular pet (the epic doesn't poof on them when casting the pet like it does with players). At least that's how it worked when I did it a couple of years ago, I've rarely touched that character since then and outleveled the mage epic pet within a matter of a week or so, which was a shorter period than it took me to actually to get the epic.

So, was it worth it? If you are a fan of doing epics just to do them but mage DPS even with epic is epically terrible compared to DPS bots since they have full AAs.

I'll elaborate on my meaning behind the bot DPS - if this were strictly Classic / Kunark / Velious then the mage epic pet would be a monster but due to itemization (weapons) in Luclin +, that once super epic mage pet that could out DPS / tank just about anyone pre Luclin is rendered mostly worthless.

I instantly regretted doing that epic when I hit 51 (AAs) and started parsing my bots. At 55 with some fabled weapons it wasn't even close, my monks or zerkers or whatever at the time were doing over 3x the dps as my mage. So I realistically probably used my mage epic pet for like 2 levels.

So bots get full AA's automatically starting at level 51? This is true for all bot classes, I assume?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:35 pm 
brikker1 wrote:
Shivis wrote:

So bots get full AA's automatically starting at level 51? This is true for all bot classes, I assume?

Yep. They wanted to try and make the bots as low maintenance as possible. So far they've done a stand up job of it. I just point at stuff and they do the rest.

B

[ 4 posts ]