AX Classic Forums

Gameplay discussions for The Rathe Server

Last visit was: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 pm It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Saying Bye Bye
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:38 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
To the old Halls of Honor.
If you have never been to Halls of Honor I suggest you get there in the next couple of days.
Since Halls of Honor is a zone that is very seldom visited on our server, I took it upon myself to do a minor upgrade.
This is the first zone of Halls of Honor, I did not touch Halls of Honor B (which is where the God Mith Marr is at.

The only quest that was in the zone was a quest for access to Hohonorb (which we don't use as access to all pop zones is open, no flag needed).
I did leave this collection quest and the associated NPC's in the zone so for those who want to do the quest, it can be done.

Changes that will be going live include three new quests / tasks (all in the zone).
You read that right, the task window is back, works in underfoot and should work in titanium although I didn't test it (I don't use Titanium).

5 new mini bosses, 6 bosses and 1 major boss.
All the new NPCs are KOS to you with the exception of the NPC's that are in the starting area.
The old NPC's that are still in the area may or may not be KOS to you (depends on faction)

Old loot still drops off the old NPC's. New Loot and coins drop off the NPC's that hate you. Also, any new NPC are social, beat on one, don't be surprised if 10 jump in to help it out.

For the most part, This is a 50+ zone and is raidable. The trash mobs should not pose a major problem for a player who is over fifty and a couple groups of bots.

Bosses might be a bit much but might be doable.

Any mini boss that spawns is on a timer, from the time it spawns, you have 30 minutes to kill it or, wait 30 minutes for it to depop.
The same is for all mini boss, boss and big boss NPC's, all are on 30 minute timer for depop.

Once this goes live, you will need to download and install a file for the NPC's to appear correctly.
Lox will make a post when its ready and a link to get the download.
Its a small file and replaces one of the files in your client directory. with out this file, you will see a bunch of generic humans.

Special thanks to the mouse in my pocket (Patrikpatrik) who helped me with some of the coding when my old brain would lock up and have a brain fart.

There are also a few items for sale, from a vendor in Halls of Honor. you might want to check those items out.

All in all it aint your grandma's Pontiac anymore.

I am shooting for this weekend June 3rd for official launch.
Everything is done, just gotta get it all loaded on Rathe.

Hope you enjoy it.

Aardil

Post subject: Re: Saying Bye Bye
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:43 am 
Rathe Ladder Masters
Rathe Ladder Masters
What a lousy title though!!!! lol

People will skim over that title and start petition to not let you retire.....

Really looking forward to the new HoH though.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:25 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
The classicg.zip is added to replace classicd.zip in the download section of the forums.
If you already added classicd.zip and don't need all of the classicg files, then get this file, decompress and add/overwrite in your clients everquest root directory - it's all that changed in classicg

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:02 am 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Looking forward to checking it out! Haven't even ventured into PoP zones yet but if it's 50+ I'll have to gift it a whirl.

[ 4 posts ]