AX Classic Forums

Gameplay discussions for The Rathe Server

Last visit was: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:13 pm It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Halls of Honor A Revamp (spoiler)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:44 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Many people read my posts and some wonder, whats wrong with me. Others do the same but just sigh. Still others try to make sense of why I do what I do.
Well doctors have been studying me for years and the only answer they can come up with is, I AM NUTZ.

On to Halls of Honor revamp.
1 This is going live for reboot on Sat. June 3rd, so when you wake up Saturday morning, Halls of Honor will be forever changed (unless the powers that be have a fit and revert it back to original).

2 You must download the patch that Angelox made a link to in the other thread http://forums.axclassic.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4173
Either get classicg.zip from the download area or get the file that the link tells you about. If you don't, you will have a bunch of humans standing around Halls of Honor.

3 What is with all the Genies at the entrance?
These are:
Lord Drizku (Master of the Djinn)
Arch Mage Driya Vircun (First Task Giver)
High Archon Baein Udersith (Second Task Giver)
Drizmun Ak'Tel (Final Task Giver)
Viser Del'Mun (Merchant)
Oracle Vismier (Banker)

Speaking with any Djinn at entrance (except merchant or banker) will tell you that you must speak to Lord Drizku.

Pre task to do doing anything: Speak with Lord Drizku and accept the Pact of the Djinn.
While not necessary (you can kill anything you want but it wont go toward the task credits that you need to advance through the zone) but if you dont do the pre task, You will never advance past the mini bosses.

Speak to Arch Mage Driya Vircun he will assign you the first task (and its a biggie) If you are good enough and play long enough, the first task can be completed in 1 day, most people it will take a couple days.
Here is your fist spoiler: Grouping up is not a bad thing.
If you group up (up to 6 real players) and are a well balanced group, any kill made by any player in group, all players in group get credit for the kill.
This assumes all group members have spoken to Lord Drizku and received the first task from Arch Mage Driya Vircun.
Essentially the same is true in a raid format but not sure but, I don't think raid formats can be done with more than one player at this time.
Oh and for those who think that popping mini bosses and killing them and looting the hearts will help you in the second task .... WRONG!!!!!
Credit for the kill and credit for looting the heart is not given until you receive the second task. Although the mini's will drop other loot that may be useful.

Once Task 1 is completed, you return to Arch Mage Driya Vircun and hand in the item, he will tell you to speak to his brother Baein

Speak to High Archon Baein Udersith
You will be assigned the second task.
Remember all those mini bosses that kept poping up and kicking your arse?
Revenge time is now.
If you read the task window its pretty straight forward.
task 2 complete? Good

On to task 3
Speak with Drizmun Ak'Tel
through out the area there are portal looking things (kinda like big mirrors)
If you have tried going through them up until this point you get a message that you are not skilled enough to pass through.
Also there is one portal that looks like a sac of spider eggs (hmmm wonder where that takes you).
These portals are now open to you and put you in various areas of the zone that can only be reached by the portals. In each area is a boss (or bosses) that must be killed and an item looted form each boss, they are lore and in the item description, there is nothing that says which item it is you looted. Again look in your task window as Task 2 and 3 are the same style of task, kill NPC loot item from NPC.
That will tell who you have credit for killing and which item you have looted.
Once task is complete you will receive a new item that must be turned in to Drizmun Ak'Tel
Turning in this item gives you the key to the one portal that you could not go through even up to this point.

Should you die in an attempt in killing a boss, do not worry, All of this is taking place in the normal zone, While you will not be able to get to your corpse, you CAN summon your corpse to you.

Task 2 and 3 can not be done together, you must complete task 2 to get task 3.

Final fight:
With they key in hand (well not really doing the final turn in sets a global the key is symbolic).
You now have access to the final fight.

Any mini boss, boss or Big boss is on 30 minute timers.
For the mini bosses, once they spawn (and if you pay attention to the chat window, you will know it) you have 30 minutes to find it and kill it. Notice I did not say engage it? That's because the timer runs from its spawn. so once you find them, kill them quick. If you wait too long, the mini boss (or any of the bosses for that matter) can and will depop after 30 minutes no matter what.
Since Bosses and Big boss are triggered by the portals, once you go through the portal the same 30 minute timer applies.

Good Luck, You're gonna need it.

Aardil

Post subject: Re: Halls of Honor A Revamp (spoiler)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:23 pm 
Rathe Ladder Masters
Rathe Ladder Masters
Fresh screams to fill the lands of Norrath

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:54 am 
Developer Team
Developer Team
First Complaint:
I am not getting credit for some of the kills in the task.

resolved after next reboot.
As I have stated many timed, just because it works on my server does not mean its flawless on Rathe.
I was missing a couple of NPC ID's in the task set up.
This has been fixed but need a server reboot before it will go live.

aardil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:48 am 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Assuming this isn't intended for raid groups?

Looking at the stats of trash, I'd say this is balanced towards level 55+ with decent gear. Some of the loot rewards look iffy based off difficulty. Will give more feedback as I progress!

*Edit: Disregard bit about raid groups. My task window was covering up the progression part; I am indeed getting credit while in a raid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:03 pm 
Forum Support
Forum Support
It was going well until a random yellow started tripling for 600+ :P

I'd definitely say this is a ~60ish level zone. Seems decent for exp though (and they drop gems) if you can handle adds and stuff.

*Edit: The "A Guardian of Marr" and the animated armor guys like him might be a bit too tough? A single pulled and slowed one annihilates my warrior tank in the span of a couple seconds. This is as opposed to the bigger animated armor guys and the cats, which are reasonable kills for yellow/red cons @ 59.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Side effect from original NPC's
The ones that are kicking your arse are original mobs zone was originally 55+ so yes its gonna be tuff.
Good news is they don't see through invis so pick your pull spots carefully.
Well one group of the new mobs do see through invis but they are only one area.

Again if you look at what drops and the amount of exp you get, IT AINT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY!!!!
You just need to think a bit before rushing in.

Told all of you before, when this is over, I will be replacing Caved as most hated Dev on Rathe :twisted:
Aardil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:15 am 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Haha yeah. I'll try it again at a later time. Can easily do it with my raid group if single-grouping gets too tough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:49 am 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Oh yeah, I saw those charms on the merchant! Very nice, thanks for adding that. Are there any other sources to get charms aside from that?

That 10k price tag though! Ouch. End-game goals :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:27 am 
Developer Team
Developer Team
The Charm:
Its called risk = reward.
The price may seem high but with the drops and the cash that comes from the mobs in Hohonora, I should have made the price higher.
But yes , it is the best charm that I know of in game.
I also have a couple more items I plan to create but the code is not in game to make them work as I want, as code gets implemented, you might want to check the merchant again later on to see what else we got working.

There are other charms that drop (2 versions 1 for casters 1 for melee) in Akheva Ruins.
It pays to do a little research http://www.nahunta.org/~tdayin/TRinfo/item.php?id=79887
http://www.nahunta.org/~tdayin/TRinfo/item.php?id=79886

Aardil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:37 pm 
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
Never spent much time in this zone so i was looking forward to check this new quest out.

First impression was this shouldn't be too tough. Made a few laps around, 65 with mostly tier 1 armor and Time weapons, was able to 1 group most everything. Been using a 2nd group of rogues to burn down stuff a little quicker. Was able to take out the mini bosses with this group so mobs should be pretty appropriate for 55+ though a raid will surely make things quicker. With the exception of the new mobs everything seemed dubious or better for my human monk which makes going through the zone that much easier.

Second impression agro range on the mini bosses is pretty small so most can be avoided and ran around if you don't want to take them out, i started my revenge a little early even though I don't get quest credit for the kills. Also the pathing on the spiders makes you either need to pull to a safe spot of fight 6+ at a time. Cash wise i love the drops. Was getting about 10k per lap so those looking to buy items off the merchant it is very doable as you progress through the quest.

Third impression after about 3 laps and a couple of hours killing i looked more closely at where i was at quest wise. Um, complete in 1 day? If you mean 24 hours of killing and waiting for the 5 temple guardians to spawn then sure i guess it's doable. Though i would not tweak anything at this point i will say that you are definitely moving up to Caved territory in terms of ensuring players have to grind this quest.

Great job on this from what I've been able to see. Enjoying getting back into the server with a new quest and looking forward to the grind so i can move on to tier 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:59 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Thank you for the kind words
Impression #1
Yup all new mobs are KOS (in the case of my Rogue... EVERYTHING is KOS :twisted:

Impression #2
Aggro range is set small for the exact reason you stated. So those who cant handle or don't want to fight the mini's it is possible to get by them.

Impression #3
I said doable, never stated how many hours are in my days (seem to average about 72 hours in a day for me) :(
And yes its supposed to be a grind, not a 20minute run and done. That's why I was so glad to finally figure out how to make the tasks work.
At least you can do some, take a break and come back and do some more or stay for the duration and be to blerry eyed to go to work the next day.

All in all, I think it turned out great, still messing with the scripts on the final boss, while it works as is, It needs a bit more flare :grinlove:

Once you get to stage 3 then I don't think its 1 groupable, some of the ubers might be able to do it but not normal players, they will need a raid of 3+ groups. But that's a guess since I am the only one who has seen stage 3 and 4.
and I am so out of practice, I died on trash mobs in Time B, never made it through the second set of clocks.

Glad you are enjoying it, Let the pain begin.

Aardil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 pm 
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
Still enjoying the first stage of this quest though I'm almost finished. I would like to propose a possible change though. Based on what I've seen I think the kill counts for Guardians of Death and Servants Djinn should be switched. As I progressed I quickly finished with the Servant Djinn, was the first task I was able to complete as I ran around the zone, and it is looking like the Guardians of Death will be my last task to complete. For me it is really just a matter of finding the mobs up and killing them, very little risk. But for a slightly lower level player who is crawling through the zone and having to be careful on how many mobs they pull at once completing the Guardians of Death task will be fairly difficult as the mobs move fast, run through some of the more densely populated areas with Armor of the Gods, and have only about 5 or 6 spawn points that I can find. Where the Djinn have there own little out of the way area where you can be a little more selective over 150 kills. This is just my opinion and what I have seen and thought up to this point and is more food for thought than anything. Though I would like to hear what players in the mind 50's are seeing as far as mob difficulty go

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:09 am 
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
So i finally completed the first task and handed in the ring. However Baein is not responding to hails at this time :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:43 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
All fixes are in.
First Task is now 75 Guardians of Death and 150 Servants of Djinn
Task for second and third level should now work as intended (should not show task complete until the task is really completed).
Snake Boss was human model FIXED
Also Snake adds are no longer stationary.
The final event has changed, it wont be a cake walk anymore.

While first task can be done with a group of real players all other events (mini bosses, Bosses and Final Boss) are designed for a single player with all the bots he can get (Solo, Group or Raid).

Final boss encounter walk through
You zone in and see a bunch of NPC's
walk toward them.
At a certain point, you will be frozen in place (no commands or movement will work It only lasts about 10 seconds)
If you are like me and like a little background with your events, read he chat amongst the NPC's.

The Chaos will become killable once you are unfrozen. Well partly killable.
At 50% the Chaos becomes invulnerable and the 6 shards around him are now targetable and killable.
Kill all the shards, then back on Chaos for the final beat down.

Oh and just to keep you honest (or should I say Honorable :lol: )
If any of your bots die at any point during this encounter, little Orcs will appear and start beating on you.
They are pretty tuff (level 65 and boss level hp and ac).
Best to keep your bots alive or you will loose the fight. One or two bots dead, still doable after that.... its gonna be a wipe.

Enjoy
Aardil

Special thanks to Congdar and Patrik for helping me with the completion of this event.
Some changes need reboot, will be live Monday June 19 2017

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:59 pm 
Rathe Ladder Masters
Rathe Ladder Masters
The encounter with The Chaos doesn't seem to be working. Phase 1 simply repeats when he drops below 50%. The introductory conversation works, the dark elf tries to attack you and gets despawned, but the boss seems to be stuck in a loop.

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next