AX Classic Forums

Gameplay discussions for The Rathe Server

Last visit was: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:59 pm It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Stat Caps - 305 (Max AA)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:39 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Then the server needs work not the custom content, thats perfectly ballanced out. The Mobs strength AND the items a 65 ++ needs to
remotely being able to defeat the next tiers mobs (and donot forget all the items the bots need to). You would need to make it so that charrs can have a higher stat caps. When THAT happens i need to AGAIN ballance out all mobs and gear reflecting the NEW stats. You see we are going to end in a circle of very very much work here.

Maybe those caps can be raized? i don't know

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:37 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
The Rathe is supposed to be a 'Classic' server. The current setting is Omens of War which is a little further than what I consider 'Classic' but it's not my server.
The custom progression quests provide rewards of items that have stats beyond Omens of War items. This is part of the reason why Wraith the Ranger has stats over the Omens of War caps.
I'm not calling for quest or level cap work. You brought that up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:02 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Congdar wrote:
The Rathe is supposed to be a 'Classic' server. The current setting is Omens of War which is a little further than what I consider 'Classic' but it's not my server.

It has never been. Even the very fact that you can make use of 6 bots takes it away from being classic. Mob strength had to be adjusted for bot play from the get go. To move it further and allow a 64 bot raid even more mobs including raid mobs had to be ballanced all the way. The Rathe never has been anything like classic IMHO. If it WERE classic you would have an absolute cakewalk with your bot group and
raids would be very very boring and easy. The current setting hasn't been raized becouse it had to be kept "classic" but due to the fact
that it has not yet been ballanced for botplay. None of the high lvl game and none of the quests in POK added are classic. (not even the gambler npc's there) They were added to make the server alot more fun and it does.

Now the gameplay at start (atleast till lvl 42) and the overall feel may reasemble classic Everquest but the server is far from that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:30 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Well, what I like to see is, Classic play , but that's my opinion.
I agreed with things like OoW addition and more high level content, but that was to keep the players that don't like to start over once they get 65 something else to do.

Once we get to 65, if we add an expansion that was intended for example, level 70 play, then we need to bring it down to level 65 standards. Now, for a level 65 player with a maxed out raid group, this should not be much of a problem to work in a level 70+ zone (just harder and more challenging). What we over looked was, for one, the stats on the items- at least they need to be customized.
I Imagine we can come up with MySql querys that can level the plane on items that are ti high on things like player stats

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2