AX Classic Forums

Gameplay discussions for The Rathe Server

Last visit was: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 pm It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Thundercrest Isles
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:32 pm 
Quest Writer
Quest Writer
I’ve noticed the chest drops have been nerfed here. Can I get them fixed please. Was a nice/fun area to hunt, but without the rewards it’s not worth it. Chest from “yar’Lir the living storm” seems to only drop one crown now, “yellow dirt digger body beaker” two diamonds and thunderheart chest , “Storm Chaser”. Also the turn in “meditation stone” in The broodlands to “Scholar Lieutenant Ekiltu Verlor” doesn’t reward you.

Post subject: Re: Thundercrest Isles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:17 pm 
Forum Moderator Team
Forum Moderator Team
Chests were nerfed intentionally - the items in them were far too OP for the rate at which they were dropping, making this especially worse when opening it up to everyone. Items still drop from them, just at a far lower rate. Patrik released notes on this a while back.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:12 am 
Quest Writer
Quest Writer
I’m surprised you guys did anything to them. It’s really how I geared myself for time. The gear isn’t better then the time gear and without those items. That zones useless. Might want to rethink the nerf. Unless you don’t want people in those zones. In that case, re-lock them with the 1.5 again. The fight to kill that dragon is a very hard one and to not get a reward is retarded. It took me 50 bots and kitting 15mobs for 40mins to kill him and I didn’t have an FD stone at the time. Most rememberable fight on this server.

Right now it’s get to pok
Then level up, unlock bots
Gear for time
The gear before time b is just below the gear from that zone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:19 pm 
Forum Moderator Team
Forum Moderator Team
I'm not in the camp of having them drop nothing at times ... to fight a raid mob and not get an item isn't fun. The problem lies in the bot epic coins. Yar'lir (and other coin droppers) have to stay at a reasonable respawn rate for that if the coins remain at 5% drop rate, while not dropping items every 2-3 hours. This is especially an issue when its the best stuff you can get outside of TimeB (and in certain cases better than TimeB). That turns into the equivalent of getting 20-30 items from an end game mob every 24 hours which is obviously very non EQ.

The alternative is to bump them to 24 hours, bump the epic coin drop rate, and bump them to 2-3 drops every time to mirror how most end game (expansion) mobs work on here.

I didn't use DoN at all prior to TimeB, I relied heavily on Gates and Omens gear so it's definitely possible without that gear.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:18 am 
Quest Writer
Quest Writer
Oh. Is he an epic coin guy? I always killed him for the fun and to try and get the augmentation items

[ 5 posts ]