AX Classic EqEmulator Forums

Source and database discussion for AX_Classic

It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grummus AoE Plasma Decay
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:25 am 
Forum Support
Forum Support
Can anyone verify this boss spell is working as intended? http://www.nahunta.org/~tdayin/TRinfo/spell.php?id=1115

It is rapidly wiping my raid that can handle similar-tier mobs without issue. They are also all resist buffed. The DB entry shows a longer recast but he is spamming this over and over, annihilating the raid since it's an AoE.

PS. Different issue, but how long do bosses hold aggro on you after you've zoned out? I've sat for 5+ minutes before zoning back in and still get summoned and instantly killed =/

Post subject: Re: Grummus AoE Plasma Decay
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:49 am 
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
In regards to you being summoned after zoneing out. This is a random known bug. I'm not a dev but from what i have seen on my monk is that if your raid wipes or you zone and the mob is right on top of there spawn point they do not path back and reset. Rooted mobs, like Trak, will tend to do this more oftern but i have seen it with others as well and each time it has been due to the mob not resetting at it's spawn point. Most on this server have experienced this bug and the best advice i have is to just keep zoning in and hoping you don't get summoned and just rez up. You could also try zoning into Pok and then heading back. I have had this work about 90% of the time when i wipe to rooted mobs. Not sure why it works but it is something to try.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:29 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Yes its a known bug, BUT we have never been able to nail it down as to why it does it.
It's not just boss mobs (like in city of mist) Best way to avoid the "summon" or the 1500 NPC's waiting for you at zone in is to simply log out completely (All the way out to your desk top. Then restart the game. For some reason, disconnecting from the server seems to clear the agro, but not much else works. I have tried zoning out, zoning in, gate, Hell once I even logged out my player toon and logged in a GM, This was on the same PC as my player. I logged out the player, exited back to log in screen. Changed the account and password to my GM. Logged in GM and zoned to said zone, guess what, 150 NPC's waiting at zone in.

I logged out my GM, camped to desktop, logged in my player toon and when he zoned in the NPC's had returned to spawn points.

Best answer, Log all the way to desktop, then log back in and all will be fine.

Aardil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:57 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
the code is in. should be no more aggro after zoning.