AX Classic Forums

Gameplay discussions for The Rathe Server

Last visit was: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Lguk or 'buffed zones' in general
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:41 pm 
Not trying to be a complainer as I just made a thread but whose great idea was it to buff lguk or any classic dungeon for that matter. I can understand buffing high-end zones but buffing a zone that if a challenge was wanted you could visit earlier than recommended. You buffed the zone that has a nice variety of items to start gearing your group with gear that will make a noticeable difference and made it irrelevant, you have removed Lower guk (I haven't visited any of the other 'buffed' low level dungeons and don't plan on it now) from the game effectively. Why would anyone come here to get smacked around by planar tier mobs before you even qualify for the planes with one of the lowest zems if not the lowest of classic dungeons ( Yep a green con entry mob will whomp you for 180 pts a pop and the xp is still terrible).

End rant, aside from this great server.

Post subject: Re: Lguk or 'buffed zones' in general
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:55 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
It was buffed by somebody else, but as a consolation it was made a bot raid capable zone.

Post subject: Re: Lguk or 'buffed zones' in general
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:55 pm 
I think there are a few threads about LGuk out there already.

I completely understand where you are coming from as it bothered me at first as well but I think this was set in place by GMs long ago and I think the original zones are off limits for the current GMs to mess with. I think the server was originally a classic style server and the expansions came later. I think what was going on was LGuk was considered end game right before raiding at the time due to the gear that drops from the zone. Part of what made LGuk so hard was putting together the necessary group with the right class who could also communicate well enough to deal with the crazy trains and odd pathing at the time. With bots you dont have to worry about finding the proper classes since you can just summon whatever 6 man group you want and you control everything going on. I believe buffing it made it where it was more difficult to better simulate a classic struggle. It doesnt make much sense now since there are zones of equal level or higher that are much easier but that is my thought. Keep in mind that this is just an assumption and I really have no idea.

[ 3 posts ]