AX Classic Forums

Gameplay discussions for The Rathe Server

Last visit was: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:38 am It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: AXClassic refresh site
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:46 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
Hello, I just wanted to say that the new updated site is live and up.

About two months ago I had all of this planned out and researched thoroughly. I wanted to put everything in a concise location where all the guides, links, and information could be accessed easily by anyone at anytime.

I wanted server status to be viewed in the open so visitors will see how many people are on without any delay. The ladder stats are functioning and sorted with a top 3 ranking view. The Registration page is secure and stable.

Before all of this was done, I had to learn css and html, then php and sql and that took me back to the cramming days of high school and college. The pages were built and re-built over and over from scratch and some of the scripts were re-done and/or improved upon as I am obsessive over clean coding. I made sure everything was stable by testing and re-testing before going live.

The other scripts that were available were used with great care and respect and all the guides were ported directly, word for word. Of course some of them were out of date, but they were cleaned up and re-checked for validity.

Facebook page is linked and any future events will be seen here and there. I'm very happy this has been taken care of now, my whole goal was to make things convenient for everyone and helping those who need assistance.

Lastly, I would like to thank Angelox and the other great developers here for doing this and continuing their passion to iron out bugs and create new content. When I read code now, I am amazed at how these function and behave. Before I started all this, I had no idea where to begin but now I have a much deeper appreciation for developers and how they are constantly thinking of improving things. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have touched coding. It's a very complicated yet rewarding challenge I thought I would never accomplish. Thank you! :)

Post subject: Re: AXClassic refresh site
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:25 am 
Rathe Ladder Masters
Rathe Ladder Masters
nice new website entrance.

i just see it, and i love it.

just one thing: works !! i keep an eye on you :D

Plumes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:46 am 
Developer Team
Developer Team
@Plumes, thank you friend! As long as it works and looks clean and professional, that means a lot =)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:26 pm 
Forum Moderator Team
Forum Moderator Team
Damn good job Patrik. I just pulled up the website for the first time in a while today and the first thing I thought was that I had typed it in wrong or something.

There are server rules now!!!!!!!! One thing that jumped out at me though was the no multi boxing thing. That was always allowed, is that a new change??

I will check the facebook page as soon as I can get on a computer that will not block it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:49 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
ohhwell wrote:
There are server rules now!!!!!!!! One thing that jumped out at me though was the no multi boxing thing. That was always allowed, is that a new change??

@ohhwell, server rules updated. Glad you like the site, I love it! =)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:09 pm 
Developer Team
Developer Team
ohhwell wrote:
Damn good job Patrik. I just pulled up the website for the first time in a while today and the first thing I thought was that I had typed it in wrong or something.

I will check the facebook page as soon as I can get on a computer that will not block it.

Multi-Boxing is OK and allowed, but using things like Macroquest cause zone crashes, and when a zone crashes, everyone in the zone gets dumped, so it's undesirable.

Great work with the site PatrikPatrik, thanks again, a ton :)

[ 6 posts ]